Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Art 101

Welcome to a wedding. I can't tell you who is getting married although I'm pretty positive it is Emily and her future man. You'll notice that both the bride and groom are dressed appropriately for the occasion, the groom even has a top hat. I love the heart above their heads signifying that they are in love and the big smiles on their faces. It's an outdoor wedding so the wedding guests consist of a bird and a squirrel. Now the archway I know is from Emily's recollection of Lisa and Jason's wedding this past September (the wedding both she and Matt were attendants in). Their archway was draped in flowers and Emily drew individual flowers attached to tulle (I don't think she knew what the fabric was but she remembered to draw it). What totally took me off guard was that on a very high table in the archway are the 3 candles that were used for the unity ceremony. I was surprised that she remembered that detail as it is not something that is portrayed in the wedding ceremonies she see on TV or her movie DVDs - really she has only see it at cousin Lisa's wedding and one other wedding she has attended. Once again her attention to detail takes me by surprise. It is a beautiful wedding - I'll have to save the picture and show it to her when she is getting married for real - which is not going to be for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment