Tuesday, August 12, 2008

You Need the Right Surface to Color


I mentioned that Matt is not our resident drawing/coloring child but he reminded me today that I'm incorrect in one area of his love of coloring. Matt is particular about the surface on which he LOVES to draw and that is himself. It seems that he finds coloring his body most enjoyable. He takes his time and gets all areas colored (in this case in his ear and up his nose - YUK!) . Thank goodness I had the foresight to buy washable markers for Emily to use. Unfortunately, I forgot to have her put them away after her coloring time and while I was making dinner Matt decided to get a little artistic. Cleanup was not a joyful experience for him but I have a feeling that will not deter him from making another artistic expression in the future.

2 comments:

  1. He better stick to the technical stuff coloring isn't his strong point.Especially when he doesn't know where to color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this is not a foreshadowing of things to come...like tatoos.

    ReplyDelete