Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just like my Papa Joe!


Matt is just like his Papa Joe in that everywhere he goes he can and will start a conversation with someone. He made no exception while we were at the beach. As soon as the planes started, he went over to a lady laying next to us and told her about the planes. It turns out she is an art teach in Perth Amboy so the fact that a little kid wanted to talk to her didn't bother her. She was so nice to Matt. Every time he would go and talk to her she would have a little conversation with him. She even played with him burying shells in the sand. We have recently started saying he is going to become the mayor because he greets every one he meets or sees. He usually starts by saying, "Hello, I'm Matt, we went to Disney World". I think everyone in northern NJ knows the Wessels went to Disney World. Let me tell you he can wrap people around his little finger in minutes. His cute little hello even got him a little sit time on a prized Harley Davidson at the local Dunkin Donuts. His outgoing nature, I think has helped Emily become more outgoing too. She usually follows him up to whoever he is talking to and says "This is my brother Matt, I'm Emily". Or maybe it all comes back to the genes from Papa Joe....the original mayor. Love ya dad!

2 comments:

  1. Well, come on, he's so crammin' cute, who can resist?

    BTW I saw your pictures on facebook. I LOVE the one of Matt in the bookstore. I think I'm gonna share that one with my professor.

    The one of Matt as Cinderella cracks me up.

    Lo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE CHECKED ALL YOUR ENTRIES FOR THE DAY AND DAD REMEMBERED ANOTHER THING YOU DISLIKED...CLASSICAL MUSIC...WE HAD A FEW CHUCKLES...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

    ReplyDelete