Last night's dinner was a total success even though I completely messed up the cooking portion. This is what happens when you think you know what to do and don't read the recipe directions entirely. This recipe can be found at the original site skinny taste.
So how exactly did I "mess" this up? Well, I actually put the wing sauce in with the chicken as it cooked, not waiting to add it at the end once the chicken was shredded. Oops! Although the chicken was very tasty, the hot sauce flavor didn't really permeate the meat like I thought it would during the cooking process. So, I would recommend following the true directions in the recipe, which I will be doing the next time.
Another thing I changed was the cooking time. Instead of 4 hours on high in the crock pot, I did 6 hours on low. Oh and I completely omitted the last 30 minute cooking portion of the directions too (won't be doing that again). The time change was more out of convenience with our activity schedule and really didn't effect the meal's outcome in any way.
Okay, maybe I didn't prepare the chicken properly but it was still very tasty. It did require more hot sauce when assembling the wraps though. Matt had his chicken on tortilla wraps with extra hot sauce. He has an iron stomach when it comes to spicy food, just like his Grandpa Joe. I had mine in lettuce leaves adding carrot, celery, hot sauce and a little bit of lite blue cheese dressing. Dave had his like mine only on tortilla shells. Emily, well, she had an away volleyball game which got her home later in the evening so she opted for Greek yogurt instead. So, that would give this meal a 3 thumbs up, majority rules, so it is now added the family menu binder.
Definitely try this recipe, especially if you like/love Buffalo chicken and let me know what you think. Oh and please, follow the recipe directions.
As always, thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment