Late afternoon Monday was exceptionally rough for me.
I had been fighting a migraine the week before and the weekend brought another set of unknown aches. I thought for sure Monday would provide a bit of a reprieve and took it easy working out at the gym that morning. My day's schedule was light with just a hair appointment. Sounds like an overall good day but things were about to change!
Of course, about an hour before heading to school, another migraine started to take root. The bad part of this was that it wasn't a normal pick up day, Emily had a "make up" basketball game. UGH!!!
I didn't want to pull Emily from the game so Matt and I sat in the hallway outside the gym while she played. Thankfully the muting of the sounds emanating from the gymnasium and the coolness of the hallway (I was sitting near the side entrance) helped to ease some of the tension.
Heading home I wanted to take the quick way out for dinner and just pick something up but I knew I had a pound of ground beef that NEEDED to be used that day. Thankfully I already had a quick and easy recipe in mind to use.
I found this recipe for Grands Unsloppy Joes at the Pillsbury website. I've tried several ways of serving sloppy Joe's - on rolls, in taco shells, etc. It seems that one person will like it one way and one another but never did we have a united "approval" of the sloppy Joe. So, this would be my latest attempt. It is so very easy. I used the reduced fat whole wheat Grand biscuit for the "pocket". You do need to roll each biscuit out to about 6 inches but that is the extent of the "work" of this recipe. The sloppy Joe mix was prepared as usual and then pocketed inside the biscuit with a little cheese then baked. I explained to the kids it is like a sloppy Joe empanada.
Well everyone LOVED it and as a matter of fact Matt asked the next day at dinner time if we were having the Joe pockets again. Finally, we all approve on a sloppy Joe! Go ahead, give it a try and let me know what you think.
As always, thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment