I have to tell you it is so nice to have another new family approved recipe!
Yesterday, I showed Matt the 3 new dinner recipes I had shopped for this week and told him he could select tonight's dinner. Matt chose Spicy Sausage Pasta which I found at the website Kevin and Amanda.
The recipe is so very easy to follow. I only made 3 changes. Instead of heavy cream, I used light cream in order to cut some of the calories. Also, I didn't add the scallions mainly because I forgot to buy them but it was probably for the best as Matt is not a big fan of onions and I already included the onion required in the recipe. Lastly, I chose to use gluten few penne pasta. Barilla now has a variety of gluten free pasta choices (penne, elbow, etc.) and I have to say it is one of the best tasting gluten free options I've sampled.
The only thing I would do differently is cook the sausage (I used Hillshire's turkey kielbasa) a little longer to get a nice browning to it and a little more caramelizing of the onions. Other than that, it is a keeper!
Everyone here gave it a thumbs up! Try it for yourself and let me know what you think.
As always, thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment