The weather here in northeastern NJ has had lower than "normal" temperatures for this time of year. That being the case, practicing for baseball season got delayed to about a week before opening day.
Last week when the kids were on break, there were a few practices but the true craziness began this weekend.
This past Sunday was our town's Little League Opening Day. There was a parade at 9:30 and Matthew's first game at 1. Now this doesn't sound so bad but when you put it together with our church schedule/obligations, it gets a little crazy.
Dave had a deacon's meeting at 7:15. He came home by 9 and took Matthew to meet his team for the parade. Emily and I headed to church where I teach the 4's and 5's Sunday School class at 9:45. Dave and Matt came to church after the parade. Then, I (along with Emily) left church a little after 12 to get Matt to the field for his 12:30 "call time" for his 1:00 game. Dave stayed at church to help with communion then came to the field arriving just a little before the game started.
Matthew still is working on his catching skills, so he was placed as backup to first base and center field.
Now, I like to consider myself a supportive mom, but when I get cold, I'm not so supportive. Emily and I stayed to see Matt bat two times then headed home. I have to say, I was very glad I did stay as the boys didn't get home until a little before 4.
This is definitely a learning year for Matt. His coach is teaching them not only physical skills but mental skills - knowing where to throw the ball when different scenarios arise. Matt's coach is tough but he does notice if effort is being made. We've told Matt he needs to pay attention and learn, that the more he improves the coach can use him in other positions. Thankfully, Matt really likes his coach and really wants to improve.
At the end of this season, Matt will make the decision on whether or not he will play next year.
Oh, by the way, his team did win their first game.

This is my first time pay a visit at here and i
ReplyDeleteam in fact pleassant to read everthing at one place.
Stop by my site ... please click the following internet page
Keep on writing, great job!
ReplyDeleteAlѕo visit my site - Ps3 Oyunları
I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know
ReplyDeletewho you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!
Here is my web site: übersetzung polnisch deutsch leo
Even though you don't know how you ended up here, I am glad you were directed this way!! Thank you for your kind words. Blogging about my family and our lives makes for very easy writing, with a lot of material. Thank you for encouraging me to keep on blogging!!
DeleteHi there to every one, for the reason that I am in fact keen of
ReplyDeletereading this webpage's post to be updated on a regular basis. It contains pleasant stuff.
Look into my web page ... übersetzung niederländisch deutsch online
Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say
ReplyDeletethat I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!
Here is my webpage; teichpumpen mit solar (http://theradiowebsite.com/)
Thank you for your encouraging words. I hope to write more material that interests you.
DeleteIt's an remarkable piece of writing in favor of all the internet visitors; they will take advantage from it I am sure.
ReplyDeleteMy weblog: tauchpumpe solar (honda-arista.co.id)
Thank you for your kind words and stopping by!
DeleteI leave a response each time I like a article on a site or if I
ReplyDeletehave something to contribute to the conversation.
Usually it is a result of the fire communicated in the article I browsed.
And after this article "Play Ball!!". I was actually excited enough to drop a thought ;
) I do have 2 questions for you if you do not mind.
Is it only me or does it give the impression like some of the remarks come across like they are coming
from brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing on additional online social sites, I would like to keep up with everything new you have to post.
Could you list every one of your community pages like your linkedin
profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?
Stop by my web blog: übersetzung türkisch deutsch kostenlos ()
Well thank you for coming by my blog. To answer your questions: I do appreciate anyone who comes by to read the blog and comment whether they agree or disagree with what I have written. Also, the only social site I am on as of now is facebook but I do very little on there. My main focus is my blog although summer is a little difficult to keep updated with the kids off school.
DeleteI'm curious to find out what blog system you're using?
ReplyDeleteI'm experiencing some minor security issues with my latest site and I would like to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any suggestions?
Also visit my page: Wasserdichte Kamera (wikiit.co.il)
I use blogspot for this blog. To date, i have not experienced any security issues. The majority of my comments are put into a spam file and I decide what gets posted to my actual blog comments.
DeleteHey there superb blog! Does running a blog such as
ReplyDeletethis take a massive amount work? I have absolutely no expertise in programming but I
had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyhow, should
you have any recommendations or tips for new blog owners please share.
I know this is off topic nevertheless I simply needed to ask.
Kudos!
Review my weblog ... Laubsauger Test
Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this site. It's simple,
ReplyDeleteyet effective. A lot of times it's difficult to get that "perfect balance" between usability and visual appearance. I must say you've done a great job with this.
Additionally, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Internet explorer.
Outstanding Blog!
My homepage; Wasserdichte Kamera (http://www.modernmethodsmarketing.com)
Thank you for being so kind!! I am so glad you enjoyed the blog!
DeleteHey! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site?
ReplyDeleteI'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
My homepage - outdoor kamera canon
I really enjoy using blogspot. It is the only blog platform I've used and I have not been disappointed.
DeleteVery energetic article, I loved that bit. Will there be a part 2?
ReplyDeleteAlso visit my web site :: Wasserdichte Kamera ::
::
A part 2? I am so encourage you are interested in knowing more. A new school year has started so I am sure more info will come.
DeleteThat is very fascinating, You're an overly professional blogger. I have joined your feed and sit up for in quest of more of your fantastic post. Additionally, I've shared your
ReplyDeletewebsite in my social networks
Feel free to surf to my weblog - oase solarpumpen
Thank you for such a high compliments. I've been on a bit of a summer hiatus but gearing up to get back into the blog realm.
DeleteHello there, I discovered your website by means of Google even
ReplyDeleteas searching for a related subject, your web site got here up, it seems to
be great. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hello there, simply was aware of your weblog through Google, and located that it's really
informative. I'm going to be careful for brussels. I'll appreciate in the event you proceed this in
future. Numerous other people might be benefited out of your writing.
Cheers!
Have a look at my blog ... ausbildung physiotherapeut bremen
Thank you for "stopping by"!
DeleteThanks for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts
ReplyDeleteand I am waiting for your further post thank you once again.
Feel free to surf to my web blog :: mp3 player mit touchscreen test - onliner.asia -
Thanks for taking the time to read! More is on the way now that the school year has begun. Stay tuned!
DeleteHave you ever considered about adding a little bit more
ReplyDeletethan just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything.
However think of if you added some great images or video clips to give your posts more, "pop"!
Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this site
could undeniably be one of the greatest in its niche.
Excellent blog!
Here is my homepage - %anchor_text%
Thank you for the suggestions to add more "pop" to the blog. I will definitely consider it.
DeleteThank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
ReplyDeleteLook advanced to more added agreeable from you!
However, how could we communicate?
Also visit my web page - Laubsauger Test ()
When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each
ReplyDeletetime a comment is added I get four e-mails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!
Visit my website weiterbildungsmöglichkeiten physiotherapeut
Sadly, I do not think there is anything that I can do from my end here to assist with this. Your comment has come in under anonymous, so I don't even have a "name" that I could look into adjusting if I am even able to do so. I am very sorry. I will do a little bit of looking into the comment area and see if there is something I cn do but I cannpt promise that I can.
ReplyDeleteof course like your web-site but you have to take a look
ReplyDeleteat the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it
very troublesome to inform the truth nevertheless I'll definitely come back again.
Here is my site :: physiotherapeut ausbildung münchen
Thank you for visiting my blog. I'm surprised you have found so many spelling errors. I do a spell check and read over all of my posts several times before officially post them to the site. I will do a better job of checking in the future. Thank you.
Delete