Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day Three - Living Room Redo

I decided to give the kids a break today from spring cleaning and did a job on my own. 
When it comes to my home, I love change and one of the easiest ways to create change is rearranging furniture. Now, most people change their furniture layout only occasionally and some have limitations due to the way a room is laid out. I have limitations when it comes to my living room - fireplace, TV connection, sliding glass door, etc. - but this doesn't keep me from changing things around.  
This time I placed the love seat in the middle of the room making two areas of access to the sliding glass door which leads to our back patio. With summer coming, we spend a lot of time out there. 
The sofa was place in front of the windows with an ottoman being placed in front of each sofa.
We have two tables in the living room and I changed the location of these also. I put the smaller one in the back of the room and the other at the end of the larger sofa.
With the room rearranged and in order, all I have to do is wait for Dave to get home and see that same smile he makes every time he walks in and another room of the house has been changed.  
Maybe later today the kids and I will go through their clothes but if not we will save it for another day. I am just glad to be sitting in my newly arranged living room soaking in the rays pouring in through the windows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment