Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tacos = LOVE

Today is a day to celebrate LOVE!!  
I don't find loving my family and friends difficult but the area I struggle with most is loving/accepting myself as I am.
This isn't something I like to admit, I know this is personal weakness. After all, I believe I'm made in the image of the God who created man and He makes NO mistakes. Also having accepted Him as my Savior, I'm His child.  
Oh but that personal struggle of lack of self esteem, taking too much time to focus on my shortcomings and not on the purpose of my life which is to be in the will of God, I wish I could change that. 
Today I choose to LOVE myself.....not in a haughty, prideful way but in the assurances I have been given by my God in His Word.  He has created me just as I am....He knew me before I even existed and He made me, Me!! He loved me enough to send His Son to die for all my sins. Because He loves me this much, how can I not embrace the way He has made me, the talents He has blessed me with. He has blessed me with an amazing husband, two amazing children, extended family and friends who are family to me!!  He allows me to fellowship with and be encouraged by my church family. When I look at this and so much more, how can I not feel love, love for my God, my family & friends, my church family, others and myself.
Today I choose to LOVE. Today I decided to show myself an act of kindness or love if you want to call it that. I treated myself to my favorite lunch - Taco Bell Crunchy Taco Supreme with Salsa Verde. This may sound silly but love can be show in the most simplest of ways.  
I encourage you to show LOVE today. It can be something so simple....as simple as a favorite food.  Most of all show LOVE to God by spending time with Him. In doing so, you will receive LOVE right back!! 


2 comments:

  1. We share the same blood, and the same way of thinking.

    This is something I pray nearly every day...

    By God's grace I need to choose--
    **to depend on Christ rather than struggle with my inadequacy
    **to trust God rather than be paralyzed by my fears
    **to focus on God's goodness rather than be dominated by negative thinking
    **to press on even when it would be easier to give in or give up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am encouraged that I am not alone in my struggle. Thank you for sharing what your prayer includes regarding this.

    ReplyDelete