As a kid, I always remember when we would have pot pies for dinner. They were Banquet and I loved the crust on the bottom of the pie. I remember trying to flip the pot pie out of the tin pan so that it could be eaten from the bottom - yummiest part first!
Now, I wouldn't classify Emily and Matt as "picky" eaters but they do let me know when the don't like something or are tired of eating a certain something. Emily latest "complaint" is "chicken again!"
I've been attempting new recipes recently and we have had some successes, misses too! I decided it was time to introduce the kids to my fond memories of pot pie. Hmmm, wonder how the chicken will go over with Em?
I found a recipe for making individual chicken pot pies at this link, Call Me Mrs. Rapp . I was hoping that the "cupcake" style would intrigue them and the kids would find them delicious. They were so easy to make and smelled so yummy baking.
I placed one on each plate. I made the recipe to serve 8. Emily asked, "What is this?" I told her "pot pie". Okay, I omitted the chicken part with the hope that they would give the pot pies a chance. Both kids took one bite and they were sold. Emily even liked the filling more than the biscuit - so much for chicken worries. The only "readjustment" request was made by Matt and that was no green beans in the veggies the next time I make them.
The pot pies got two thumbs up from the whole family. As a matter of fact, I've already been asked when we will be having them again. I LOVE when a recipe is successful!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment