I wanted to make something for Dave this Valentine's day and this is the outcome - a shadowbox valentine.
The shadowbox was purchased at Michael's. I painted the inside with Martha Stewart's Chipolte Red acrylic paint and the outside with a glossy black paint. The back is lined with scrap book paper that says "I love you". Then, I cut the heart "layer" using the Paper Lace cartridge with my Cricut. I chose to adhere it in the upper left side so that I could place the "scrabble tile" letters in the lower right side evening out the "weight" of the elements. To finish it, I glued in some garnet gems as a border for the paper background.
Sadly, I finished it this morning. Better late than never, plus I do love him more than just on Valentine's day. I gave it to him today after work. He said "it is nice" and then "thank you for making it for me."

No comments:
Post a Comment