This afternoon Matt called me into his room because the repair I made to his Lego fire truck wasn't correct, that is was missing a part. So, I pulled out the instructions and saw the part I didn't have. I asked Matt where the part was and he told me in the kitchen, where I first "fixed" the truck. I told him "go get it, so I can fix it" to which he replied "but I am not your slave". I asked him what did you say and he repeated it. Yes, I have used this phrase with the kids when they have asked me to do things - like get a drink, get me this, get me that. I tried to explain to him that I wasn't asking him to be my slave just get the part he left in the kitchen. The conversation was very light hearted, no sassiness from the boy, so in the end I got the part and fixed the truck. With Matt, I really do have to watch what I say and how I say it because I KNOW it will come back to haunt me some day.
No comments:
Post a Comment