The month of June is special to Dave and I in that its the month our children, Emily and Matt, were born.
Today this month became even more special in that Emily & Matt were both baptized today. "Proud" is not really the word that I think of when I reflect on their decision to make their belief and salvation through Jesus Christ public. When I think of being "proud", I think of a contribution being made to result in an outcome. Dave and I have nothing to do with their belief in Jesus as their Savior, it is all a God thing. Yes, we believe in God and Jesus as our Lord and Savior and they know this, we take them to church, we do our best to be examples of God's love and show them how to live a life that brings glory to God but when it comes down to it it is only God who can touch their hearts and bring them to Him.
So, the word that would better describe how we are feeling today is blessed. Blessed first that God gave them to us. Do they drive us crazy sometimes? Oh yes!! But we wouldn't have it any other way. Blessed that God has touched both their hearts and they have accepted Jesus as their Savior. I have been truly blessed that God gave me the opportunity to help Matt take the steps to accept Jesus. Now, today we are blessed to have been able to watch as our children chose to make their acceptance of Jesus as their Savior and their desire to follow Him public before our church family and friends.
It is a blessing to not only have them as our children but to have them as our brother and sister in Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment