
On Father's day, we were coming home from lunch when Matt told me , "Mom, I'm going to miss you?" I asked him, "When?" thinking he heard me tell Dave that I was going to go babysit for a neighbor for a few hours later that afternoon. He answered my question by saying, "When I grow up." Matt has been hearing about and experiencing "change" the last few weeks. It all started while practicing for his Kindergarten program and became a reality "graduating" Kindergarten. Matt has come to realizes that he is going on to a new grade and a new teacher and he seems apprehensive with the idea of change. His teacher told me that several times today he told her "I'm gonna miss you". Being the parent, I've tried to explain how he'll still see his teacher, she will just have a new class and so will he but this concept at his age is unfathomable. He's comfortable! He knows and loves his teacher and friends just where they are. So, I think with all this change he is thinking even more about the idea of how things will change in his future. Of course, when he said this to me, I told him that some day he'll meet a wonderful girl, get married and have a family but mommy will always be loving him. His realization brings my own that my kids are growing up and I can't stop it. I see how they are maturing each day and can only pray that they will listen to God leading their lives. I love you Matt and mommy will always have you in her heart!!
No comments:
Post a Comment