Thursday, June 23, 2011

The First Morning of Summer Vacation

Ahh, summer vacation. The biggest plus is not having to wake up to an alarm blaring. Instead, I was awakened by Emily at 7:45 telling me I need to "ask permission" to use her DS at night while she is sleeping. I told her I would have but she was already asleep, usually I use Matt's to play my favorite game "Book Worm". I decided that these 2 1/2 weeks of the kids being home and then going on a family vacation would not get me sidelined from my workout routine (which has already been on hold due to a few crazy months). So, last night I made sure all Matt's Lego "stuff " was out of the way so I had no excuses. At 8:30, I told Emily I was heading downstairs (Matt was still in bed but stirring). About 1/4 into the workout, Matt popped his head downstairs. Surprisingly both kids let me be until their Veggie Tales program ended and Matt pushed some button that has messed it up (have to wait for Dave on that one). Emily then decided she wanted to workout. So, I started the DVD. The pics are of them doing 4 point squats where you step forward and backward and then side squats where you touch the floor. There are 3 segments to the workout and Emily actually completed the 1st segment. She even did burpees correctly, wow! Matt, he got 2/3rds through the segment and was then "lured" by his Legos. Today is a yucky, rainy day so I'm glad the kids got a little exercise in seeing going outside doesn't look like it will be on the schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment