



I know what your thinking...... Matt has a new race track but that would be incorrect. This is Dave's race track. That's right our NASCAR crazed fan has a race track which in all honesty was purchased even before Emily was born. So don't let him make you think this is them....it was for his obsession. Recently, the race track was risen from the depths of the basement and the dust blown off to be played with once again. I remember it being out a few times when Emily was younger but it has made a big hit with Matt, so I highly doubt it will become lost in the basement again. Matt loves charging the cars and sending them racing along the track. I even have him saying "Gentlemen start your engines" and "Boogity, boogity lets go racin' boys" when he starts the cars off on the track (if you know racing you'll understand these two sayings). Dave's favorite driver was Dale Earnhart Sr. and when he died in the crash Dave put his support in his son Dale Jr. Both Matt and Emily can spot anything Jr. a mile away but the funny part is if you ask Matt who his favorite driver is he'll tell you Tony Stewart the #20 Home Depot car. And if by chance you take Matt to Home Depot he'll tell you it is Tony Stewart's store. I guess you can only influence you kids so far in your own likes and dislikes - pretty much the same as in life issues.
No comments:
Post a Comment