Saturday, May 3, 2014

Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken

Oh yum, yum!! Tonight for dinner I pulled out the Crock Pot and tried a new recipe I found on Pinterest Honey Garlic Chicken. 
I'm always trying to find Asian inspired meals that I can make at home in lieu of ordering take-out. So far, I haven't found any that really WOW me. This one finally did just that. 
Normally I would change a recipe from bone-in chicken breasts to boneless but I chose not to make the change this time. I also didn't get skinless but did remove the skin during the shredding process and did not serve it. 
The other change I made was that I did omit the red pepper flakes. Although Matt does like spicy food, it seems that whenever I use red pepper flakes he doesn't like the spiciness. Also, Emily is not a spicy girl....that is when it comes to food. I also omitted the garnishes. I know presentation is important but not when your hungry and when no one really cares that much about how their plate looks.
Oh the flavors were yummy although I can see where the spiciness of the red pepper flakes would be a good compliment so you may want to try it that way. For us, this meal got a 4 thumbs up and is pretty effortless to make, that is a win - win in my book.
Try it and let me know what you think.
As always, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment