Sunday, July 7, 2013

We Are Family - Part 2

Back in June after repainting of our dining room and kitchen, I posted how it has been my desire to create a "family" wall within our home. A tribute wall. At that time, all the elements had been hung, however, I hadn't decided on the pictures to be used in the framed collage. Well, I'm happy to report, I finally made my choices and today I completed our family wall.
At the top of the wall, is a "w" for our family moniker "Wessel". Next to it we have a cross that has John 3:16 inscribed on it representing our faith in God as Lord and Savior which is pivotal to our marriage and the foundation of our family. Emily's tribute section is on the left with her "E" and the dainty clock set to 6:40 pm the time of her birth on June 2nd. On the right, Matt has his section with a more bold clock set to 5:44 pm the time of his birth on June 27th. Under the photo collage, is a key which signifies that God is key to our family and our family is key to us.
Making the choices for pictures was not easy. I wanted the whole family to be represented and show us through the years. I had originally thought of making the pictures black and white or sepia but when I placed my order online it did not provide that option. So, I printed them off in color and thought I would see how it looked. I have to say the colors do not "fight" with each other and it adds a little "pop" against the crimson wall. 
The majority of the pics are the kids both together and separately but I did include a picture of our home and our pet bunny, Jingle. Of course in the middle, is a picture from Dave's and my wedding ceremony - it is one of my favorites. 
I'm very happy to say that this project is completed. Any additions will be very carefully chosen and only family oriented. 
I love that it is in the dining room where we gather as a family at night for our evening meal and it is also visible from our kitchen which is "grand central" in our home.
As a wife and a mother, I want our home to be a haven, a safe place for my husband and children. As a Christian, I want our home to be a place where God is loved and revered. It was laid upon my heart after hearing a message from our pastor that God should be visible in our home. Not just for our family's sake but also so others can see what we base our lives upon. So, this weekend in addition to completing our family tribute wall, I started to create a "tribute to God" wall. My main resource for the elements here of course is my favorite store Hobby Lobby. I'm choosing pieces that will encourage my husband, kids and myself to rely on God and His promises, know He is always with us and how to live according to His will bringing honor and glory to Him. This is a wall in progress with plenty of room to be able to add more tributes and reminders of our God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment