Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Into Every Garden a Little Rain Will Fall

In the beginning of March, I put up a Garden "Growing" themed bulletin board at my church.  
This is a 3 phase board. Sadly, I got a little behind on executing the second phase. Thankfully, this week I got back into work mode and produced the additional elements need for Phase 2 - a trellis and raindrops. Today I was able to go to the church and add these new elements. I also added a "budding" stem emerging from one of the gladiolus bulbs.  
In making the rain drops, I followed the same instructions I referred to when I made the snowflakes for the winter themed bulletin board. I didn't use a template, just free handed the shape of a tear drop. 
Instead of coating the raindrops in mod podge and sprinkling them with glitter like I did the snowflakes, I painted them with a clear glitter paint. Wow, did that save a ton of time!! The glitter gave it that additional dimension needed to help the raindrops stand out on the board.
Standing back I was very pleased with how the board looked.  
The rain drops add a layer of dimension that would not be able to be created with paper. Also, the trellis which I cut from a piece of foam board added height to the other end of the bulletin board. In two weeks, I will be adding flowers: gladiolus, sunflowers, pansies (had to switch out the marigolds) and morning glories climbing the trellis. Also, there will be a change that will surprise you. Something  you may or may not notice. 
I look forward to showing you Phase 3 in 2 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment