Today was day two of painting here in the Wessel home.
I was a little more efficient and did the taping of the dining room last night which meant painting began a little after 8 a.m. The early start was possible because Dave took the kids to school like he usually does on Fridays.
Painting started right away mainly because the way my body was feeling from painting the day before, if I sat down I would not have gotten back up.
I started painting in the far corner of the dining room. We decided to keep the original color heading up the stair well. It flows with the "Crimson" paint color I also got at Lowes. It is part of their Eddie Bauer Craftsman Bungalow series.
Once again, the cutting in was not a favorite chore but thankfully there was much less to do today than yesterday.
Here is the finished dining room with a view of the new yellow color in the kitchen. I took this picture around 2 or 3.
This is a view of the dining room looking into the kitchen. Of course, the walls look a little bare but oh do I have plans for that wall. Another plan is to remove the "glass" in the cabinets and replace it with some metallic tile, like you would see on a kitchen ceiling or backsplash. Also, the hardware on the cabinets would be changed to black wrought iron.
I took this picture this evening around 6 when the sun was setting in the front window. What I love about the color is that it is not too dark. This was also before I put up some white linen sheers on the windows.
Well, my paint brush has been put to "rest". Two straight days of painting takes its toll on a body but I'm not done. Matt's room is the last one on "official" docket. I say it that way because all this color change has me wanting to change the color in my craft room.
Truly a little paint can make a big difference!

No comments:
Post a Comment