Since moving to New Jersey, I've been happy to say that the snow here has been less than back in New York. Well, this winter is proving that wrong. Since December 26th, we have had 6 snow storms. Only on the first storm did we experience minimal melting. The last five storms the temperatures between them have not gotten high enough to melt the snow. Yesterday we had two snow systems come through. The first storm dumped about 4 inches of snow which I shoveled in the early afternoon - thank goodness. Last night into this morning we were "blessed" with another 12 to 15 inches. At his request, Dave asked me to come and help him shovel on his second round out this morning. The piles are getting to where we don't know where to go with the snow any more. The other day when Emily & Matt were out playing in the snow, I saw glimpses of myself as a kid playing in the snow - that has never happened.
On a crazy note to this storm, the school system here called at 5:30 a.m. to declare a late opening this morning (9:45) only to call back an hour later to say school was canceled altogether. Why they couldn't have decided this last night I don't know. Of course, the first call kept me wide awake so at the very least I didn't get awakened twice.
So, tomorrow we are suppose to have another non-accumulating snowfall and as we were shoveling one of the DPW plowers told us that there are "rumors" of another storm on Tuesday which is suppose to rival this storm. I was so hoping snow would be just a December/January event. Well, Tuesday is a long way off - we will wait and see.
Oh, I will say that growing up in Buffalo definitely groomed me into being a well seasoned shoveler. No snowplow needed here.......but maybe next year. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment