Saturday, December 25, 2010

BBC Children's Choir Christmas Canata














This is the first year that Emily participated in any children's program since her PreK4 closing program. Originally, when we received notice of this program, we didn't ask Emily if she wanted to participate because there was a required practice on the Saturday and Sunday that Dave & I were away in Vermont and we didn't want mom to have to "deal" with these additional commitments. Emily had other plans. The first Sunday there was practice (part of the practice was during church continuing a half hour after the normal service time) Dave went to pick up Emily from her church program only to be told she was in the practice. We didn't have the heart to tell her she couldn't participate seeing this is the first time she has shown any interest in being in a program. So, I cleared it with mom who said she could take her to the practices.
Sunday the 19th at 6:00 p.m. was the program and all the kids did a great job. I couldn't help but have an extra feeling of pride knowing how far Emily has come with her learning issues. In addition to singing, Emily had a verse she had to read and did it so clearly. She loves to sing and is a true performer. I have a feeling we will have many more programs in our future. Excellent job Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment