

In the busyness of every day life, I don't always "see" how much the kids have grown. Their birthdays came and we celebrated the year past and the new year to come but that too was enveloped in the busyness of that time of the year.
However, there are these "moments" when all of a sudden I am taken away by the growth of my children and most of them come in the form of a photograph. I took these pictures while we were waiting for a train headed to NYC for the day. When I took the first one and saw her pose, it made me think of how many times she has posed this same way and yet how much older she looked now. The first picture inspired me to take the next one of her looking out over the Meadowlands. When I looked at it, I thought this is no longer that "little" girl. I showed Dave the picture and said "look how grown up she looks". I don't begrudge her growing up I am just sad that so much of the time, we are so busy I don't notice how quickly time is passing. I also have to say when I look at these I can in no way deny this girl is my daughter....she does look like me at this age. Emily, just remember we love you at every age and moment of your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment