Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Sign of Things to Come


Matt loves his big sister Emily and loves playing with her too. On the days he is home from school, one of the ways I've been able to get him to go in for a nap is by telling him that when he gets up Emily will be home. Now, he even tells me when I say it is nap time, "when I get up I see Emme". Emily loves her brother, they get along great most of the time. There are times however when she wants her space and doesn't want him around. Usually when she is feeling this way, Matt is just the opposite and "really" wants to play with her. The other day I heard him knocking on her door saying "Emme, I come in and play?" Of course, she wasn't in the mood and told him so. Matt got upset because he wanted her. After a little insisting, Matt gave up. Later that night, when I went in Emily's room, I found this newly made sign on her desk. I guess she had put it up on her door when Matt was wanting to play. I love how she use me instead of my. I guess this is a sign of things to come. Emily will be wanting her space. Already when Matt wants to watch his mighty machine DVDs Emily tells him she doesn't want to watch those she is a girl. Their gender differences are starting to be vocalize now. The good thing is that 90% of the time these two get along great - whether playing together or on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment