Friday, January 30, 2009

Just Wait and See




On and off, we will ask Matthew and Emily what they want to be when they grow up. At first, Matt was telling us a fireman but there has been a recent twist to his response. Matthew now tells us he wants to be a fireman and an army man. I think the army man comes from our receiving from a friend a bag of army men for Matt to play with. Recently, I have found these men out of their bag and all over his room - sometimes positioned on his toy cars, trucks and fire apparatus. We've been telling him that he can be both if he wants to be. I love asking them this question because you can see what their exposure has been by either hearing and/or seeing of what people do each day as a career. Emily still is in the Power Ranger stage for her career although I did ask her what she would be if she couldn't be a Power Ranger and she said "a decorator". I asked her what kind of decorator and she said "a cake decorator". Can you tell she just recently watched an episode of "Ace of Cakes" on the Food Network? Thanks Duff for a whole new career path for Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment