Wow! I never imagined how hard it would be to write this first returning blog post.
As I type, my mind is bombarded with the many activities, ups, downs, personal revelations, etc. that have happened over the last two and a half months. I have so much to say and yet it can't all be done in this first post. So, that being the case, I ask that you bear with me as my future posts will not only be regarding current events but some will revert back to things that have already occurred.
One main event that occurred during my hiatus was my 46th birthday, hence the cupcake picture. I don't need a birthday cake for the occasion but I do require a red velvet cupcake from this particular cupcake store. So very yummy!!!
I have to laugh at the fact that I have been telling people for a while I am 46 while only 45. As I get older, I just seem to want to say I'm older than I really am......I have no idea why!!
There is the saying "with age comes wisdom" and I have to say that I totally believe this to be true. If I had only know the things I know today even just 5 years ago, life would have been a little less complicated, or I should say I wouldn't have made life so complicated.
I've grown in so many ways. One area is that I have learned to be less regimented and just open to what is suppose be. I've previously confessed my love of lists. There is nothing wrong with having lists but when you live by lists you tend to get so caught up on making sure everything gets crossed off you miss the little blessings along the way. I truly believe God has been trying to show me this truth for several years now. As I start this new year, I've made the conscious decision to still have my lists but listen for the divine appointments God places in the midst of my "to dos". Yes, laundry, cleaning, cooking, homework help and all the other "mundane" and even "fun" things of every day life are important but when you feel God is calling you to maybe spend time with someone who needs to talk, be in his Word, or in prayer, those every day things need to be put aside. I truly feel that I have missed out on a few blessings He intended for me because I was too busy with my lists and my plans.
Another thing I've come to learn is that being in God's will is putting my life in His hands each day. Turning each moment and day over to Him to be used for the furthering of His kingdom.
I've also learned and continue to learn about how God's timing is perfect. At the end of August, Dave started a permanent employment position. This was after almost 2 years on a consulting position which he took a few months after being at his job for 11 years. We knew from the very beginning God would provide, we trusted Him to bring about the job he wanted for Dave. One thing we prayed was that God would allow for him to work locally (Dave has always commuted either by car or mass transit at least an hour each way). The consulting job Dave took was still a long commute but it provided for our needs. Now I don't want to give you the illusion that in the last 2 years I haven't had moments of stress regarding this matter. When I would feel anxious I knew I had to take it to God, trusting He knows what is best and would bring that about for our family. It was and still is every day a matter of stepping out in faith. The job that Dave got is just 12 minutes from our home. God truly blessed us with the desire of our heart. We needed to trust that He would bring it about and He did in His time. I have to continually remind myself that God's timing is so much more important than mine and over the last 2 and a half months He has shown me this many times.
Well, I could go on and on about the things I have and am learning but that would eliminate more posts so I will end by saying I only pray that I will continue to live each day for Him, keeping my eyes and ears open for the divine appointments He has for me and my family. They won't always be easy or comfortable, but He hasn't promised me that. I do know though that I will be blessed and more importantly He will be glorified.
Thanks for stopping by! (My new post closing line)
One main event that occurred during my hiatus was my 46th birthday, hence the cupcake picture. I don't need a birthday cake for the occasion but I do require a red velvet cupcake from this particular cupcake store. So very yummy!!!
I have to laugh at the fact that I have been telling people for a while I am 46 while only 45. As I get older, I just seem to want to say I'm older than I really am......I have no idea why!!
There is the saying "with age comes wisdom" and I have to say that I totally believe this to be true. If I had only know the things I know today even just 5 years ago, life would have been a little less complicated, or I should say I wouldn't have made life so complicated.
I've grown in so many ways. One area is that I have learned to be less regimented and just open to what is suppose be. I've previously confessed my love of lists. There is nothing wrong with having lists but when you live by lists you tend to get so caught up on making sure everything gets crossed off you miss the little blessings along the way. I truly believe God has been trying to show me this truth for several years now. As I start this new year, I've made the conscious decision to still have my lists but listen for the divine appointments God places in the midst of my "to dos". Yes, laundry, cleaning, cooking, homework help and all the other "mundane" and even "fun" things of every day life are important but when you feel God is calling you to maybe spend time with someone who needs to talk, be in his Word, or in prayer, those every day things need to be put aside. I truly feel that I have missed out on a few blessings He intended for me because I was too busy with my lists and my plans.
Another thing I've come to learn is that being in God's will is putting my life in His hands each day. Turning each moment and day over to Him to be used for the furthering of His kingdom.
I've also learned and continue to learn about how God's timing is perfect. At the end of August, Dave started a permanent employment position. This was after almost 2 years on a consulting position which he took a few months after being at his job for 11 years. We knew from the very beginning God would provide, we trusted Him to bring about the job he wanted for Dave. One thing we prayed was that God would allow for him to work locally (Dave has always commuted either by car or mass transit at least an hour each way). The consulting job Dave took was still a long commute but it provided for our needs. Now I don't want to give you the illusion that in the last 2 years I haven't had moments of stress regarding this matter. When I would feel anxious I knew I had to take it to God, trusting He knows what is best and would bring that about for our family. It was and still is every day a matter of stepping out in faith. The job that Dave got is just 12 minutes from our home. God truly blessed us with the desire of our heart. We needed to trust that He would bring it about and He did in His time. I have to continually remind myself that God's timing is so much more important than mine and over the last 2 and a half months He has shown me this many times.
Well, I could go on and on about the things I have and am learning but that would eliminate more posts so I will end by saying I only pray that I will continue to live each day for Him, keeping my eyes and ears open for the divine appointments He has for me and my family. They won't always be easy or comfortable, but He hasn't promised me that. I do know though that I will be blessed and more importantly He will be glorified.
Thanks for stopping by! (My new post closing line)

No comments:
Post a Comment