
It all started last week. We knew Emily was congested by the fact that Friday on to Saturday and then again from Saturday on to Sunday she came up to our room to sleep and kicked us both out of our bed because of her horrible snoring. She started complaining about a sore throat on Sunday, so we got OTC medicine and cough drops. The kids were home on Monday due to flooding by their school and her symptoms remained the same. Emily went to school on Tuesday but I received a call from the school secretary at 12:30 letting me know Emily has been in the office twice complaining about her throat. I told the secretary if she came in again to call me and I would come get her otherwise I would get her at the end of the day.
When I picked the kids up from school, Emily was pale with red eyes and looked very "sad".
Because the kids were to have NJ testing this week, I went into the school to talk to the Principal. I wanted to take her to the doctor on Wednesday but not have it effect the testing time. Thankfully, the state of NJ was late is sending the test so the testing was delayed to the end of the month. I took Emily to the doctor Wednesday and sure enough she tested positive for Strep throat. Emily stayed home yesterday so she could have a full dose of medicine in her prior to heading back into the "school population". Well, God decided she needed one more day and sent buckets of rain which resulted in flooding by the school cancelling it for the day. So, she has another day to get better followed by the weekend.
Please pray that she continues to get well and also that Matt, Dave & I will stay well. This has been a bad winter for sickness at school and church and the kids have stayed relatively healthy. We are praying that spring will come soon so we can open the windows and get these germs out of here.
No comments:
Post a Comment