Tuesday the kids went to the dentist for their 6 month cleaning & checkup. At the last appointment, the dentist told me that at this checkup he was going to take a picture of Emily's mouth to see the status of her teeth. Emily has been very late in losing her teeth and to this day her 6 year molars still haven't come in. Well, the outcome is an orthodontist consultation. Apparently, Emily is missing several permanent teeth, mainly molars. So, we need to figure out how this situation needs to be dealt with in the future. I never thought I would be dealing with the orthodontist at age 8, even for just a consultation. The funny thing is even with all the work that has been done and will need to be done in her mouth Emily still wants to be a dentist when she gets older.
Matt, his checkup resulted in another appointment needing to be scheduled to fill 2 flossing cavities.
Sorry if the x-ray grosses you out, I thought it was pretty cool. You can see all the work that has been done to date, even the metal spacer ring.
Family deal. I was missing 2 lowers. Did not lost the baby tooth until college. I went with bridges, but if I could have a do-over, I would have had an orthodontist rework my mouth.
ReplyDeleteI think that will be the plan here - rework the mouth.
ReplyDelete