Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What are you doing?




















So, I know a big question is "now that the kids are in school what do you do with your time?" First, let me say I keep very busy and have enjoyed having extra time to do things more completely and do things I enjoy personally.
This summer I was approached to be on a ministry at our church called Heart to Home. One aspect of this ministry is making the church more "homey" and doing bulletin boards. Let's just say I found my niche with the bulletin boards....and this is what has been occupying some of my time. The first two done were our missionary board reaching the world (made the world) and for our VBS program (made the castle). The next one is our main church board which was for the July 4th holiday and there are quotes regarding God and our freedom on the paper. The two most recent are for the start of school and for our 82nd church anniversary - and just a note the school house, stop sign, flag, tree, leaves, flowers & Bible are not purchased items....with the help of my Cricut machine (my "requested" birthday present) and apparently the artistic gene that runs in the family they were handmade. Okay, I'm tooting my horn a bit but I am so happy that I have finally found a way to serve in my church doing something I absolutely love to do.
Today I just finished making the bulletin board for our annual Trunk or Treat event. I forgot my camera at home so I didn't include it here, but I will post it at a later date.
So now you know what is occupying my time besides cleaning the house, laundry, grocery shopping, cooking and going to the gym. Then of course the kids come home and that starts a whole other list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment