Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Central Park Zoo







Last Saturday we made our annual trip to the Central Park Zoo. We didn't tell Emily and Matt where we were going just headed into the city and told them "you'll see". What is so nice about the zoo is that it is totally doable in a few hours without wiping you out for the rest of the day. Emily's favorite part was seeing the penguins and puffins. I think that was the only exhibit the kids actually stayed and watched for longer than a minute. Matt he pretty much liked it all but in the end only wanted to find something to drink. My favorite area is the children's zoo. I love the lily pads over the little "running river" they are kind of spongy and the kids love jumping on them like frogs. Of course there are the turtle shells where the kids look like turtles....it is just a great area of the zoo. The kids sitting in the eagles' wings is the same pose I took of them our last visit. I love revisiting memories through pictures and seeing how the kids have grown. The weather was perfect and the kids walked the whole time - we are stroller free. If you haven't been to this zoo and your local, go and if you aren't local if you visit the city and have kids it is an easier zoo trip than the Bronx zoo. We had a wonderful time.



No comments:

Post a Comment