Friday, March 13, 2009

Art 101


Emily is showing her American patriotism at a very young age. This is one of her latest "creations" - Lady Liberty. I know that she has seen pictures and has also seen Lady Liberty in the distance from lower Manhattan but I have to admit I was impressed by her detail once again. The fact that she has water on the bottom, show she know she is on an island, then there is the brick column the lady is standing on. She even got the book and the torch in along with her "crown". Gotta love the green coloring too. The only thing that isn't quite accurate is that I don't think Lady Liberty has that broad of a smile on her face. Needless to say, "job well done". I think this summer we'll be taking a little field trip to have Emily see Lady Liberty in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment